Fiction is Deception

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An old poem

Here's an old poem I dug up from my myspace blog. It's still poignant....

The World is Lost, by Jared Brown

The world is lost,
and so am I.
Instinct says no, but still I try.
What lurks in the dead of night?
Something that logic yearns to fight.
Dreams of death?
No! The death of dreams!
In places even God can't hear you scream.
Can it be helped?
Can it be sought?
Yes! Through war and trials forever fought.
Powerful evils, yes, and plagues.
They invade the mind with glee.
Only in worlds created will you be free.
I've seen these worlds, they're in my mind.
They hurt for others, too, to find.
But in this realm no one sees it.
And that's because no one believes it.
I have a dream.
I have to try!
Because the world is lost,
And so am I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home